By Dave Sebastian

 

Apple Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Conservation International have started a $200 million fund to make investments in forestry projects, Apple said.

The Restore Fund aims to remove at least 1 million metric tons of carbon dioxide a year from the atmosphere, equivalent to the amount of fuel used by more than 200,000 passenger vehicles, Apple said Thursday.

Apple has set a target of being carbon neutral by 2030. It aims to eliminate 75% of emissions for its supply chain and products by 2030, and it said the fund will help address the remaining 25% of emissions.

 

Write to Dave Sebastian at dave.sebastian@wsj.com

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

April 15, 2021 09:30 ET (13:30 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.