Shell Starts Production at Appomattox Ahead of Schedule

Date : 05/23/2019 @ 4:30PM
Source : Dow Jones News

Shell Starts Production at Appomattox Ahead of Schedule

Royal Dutch Shell (LSE:RDSB)
Historical Stock Chart

2 Months : From May 2019 to Jul 2019

Click Here for more Royal Dutch Shell Charts.

By Oliver Griffin

 

Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSB.LN) on Thursday said production at the Appomattox floating production system in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico has started months ahead of schedule.

Appomattox, which has an expected production of 175,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day, is the first commercial discovery to be brought into production in the deep-water Gulf of Mexico Norphlet formation, the Anglo-Dutch oil company said.

The platform is operated by Shell, which owns a 79% stake in Appomattox. A subsidiary of CNOOC Ltd. (0883.HK) owns the remaining 21%.

Shell said it designs and operates its deep-water projects to be competitive, adding that since 2014, it has reduced unit-development and unit-operating costs by about 45%.

 

Write to Oliver Griffin at oliver.griffin@dowjones.com; @OliGGriffin

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

May 23, 2019 11:15 ET (15:15 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2019 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Latest RDSA Messages

{{bbMessage.M_Alias}} {{bbMessage.MSG_Date}} {{bbMessage.HowLongAgo}} {{bbMessage.MSG_ID}} {{bbMessage.MSG_Subject}}

Loading Messages....


No posts yet, be the first! No {{symbol}} Message Board. Create One! See More Posts on {{symbol}} Message Board See More Message Board Posts


Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.


NYSE, AMEX, and ASX quotes are delayed by at least 20 minutes.
All other quotes are delayed by at least 15 minutes unless otherwise stated.