FORM 4 [ ] Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).         
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES
                                                                                  
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person * Burgdoerfer Stuart B 2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol PROGRESSIVE CORP/OH/ [ PGR ] 5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)__X__ Director                    _____ 10% Owner
_____ Officer (give title below)    _____ Other (specify below)
(Last)         (First)         (Middle)
6300 WILSON MILLS
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YYYY)
8/11/2021
(Street)
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OH 44143
(City)       (State)       (Zip)
4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)
 
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line) _X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Trans. Date 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 3. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 3 and 4)
6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common  8/11/2021    A(1)    70  A $96.92  24501  D   

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned (e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Trans. Date 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 4. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 3 and 4)
8. Price of Derivative Security
(Instr. 5)
9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  This restricted stock grant was made pursuant to The Progressive Corporation 2017 Directors Equity Incentive Plan, and will vest on April 7, 2022. It reflects pro-rated additional compensation for the 2021-2022 term associated with the reporting person's appointment to an additional committee. The Progressive Corporation allowed each director to indicate their preference to receive compensation for the 2021-2022 term in the form of 100% restricted stock or 60% restricted stock and 40% cash. The reporting person indicated a preference to receive compensation in the form of 60% restricted stock and 40% cash. After considering such preference, the Compensation Committee granted a restricted stock award representing 60% of the reporting person's additional pro-rated compensation for the 2021-2022 term, and authorized a cash payment on April 7, 2022 for the remaining 40% of the reporting person's compensation.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Burgdoerfer Stuart B
6300 WILSON MILLS
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, OH 44143
X



Signatures
/s/ Laurie F. Humphrey, By Power of Attorney 8/13/2021
**Signature of Reporting Person Date
Progressive (NYSE:PGR)
Historical Stock Chart
From Sep 2021 to Oct 2021 Click Here for more Progressive Charts.
Progressive (NYSE:PGR)
Historical Stock Chart
From Oct 2020 to Oct 2021 Click Here for more Progressive Charts.