PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Now more than ever,
Americans are craving comfort foods and treats. With Halloween
right around the corner, indulging in sweets will certainly be
tempting. Chocolate milk, the official drink of Halloween, can help
fill the void.
Whether boiling it in your bubbling cauldron or enjoying an icy
chill at first sip, chocolate milk is the drink that can raise your
spirits. Don't be afraid to try this hauntingly delicious beverage
to help you unravel and unwind. Use it to shrug off a bone-rattling
work week by planning a socially distanced séance, with just a very
few of your closest witches and warlocks. Or recoil alone to your
cozy crypt with your favorite goblet and book of spells.
Dress up this season's drink of choice for grown-ups with these
scary good recipes from SavorRecipes.com.
Ghoulish Chocolate Caramel Mar-scream-i
Caramel 'blood' takes this martini from delicious to devilish.
Shake things up by serving in a rocks glass or highball class.
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream syrup
- 3 drops of red food dye
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces caramel-flavored vodka
- 2 ounces Kahlua liqueur
- 4 ounces chocolate milk
- Mix caramel syrup and food dye on small flat dish.
- Rim rocks glass or martini glass wit colored caramel syrup.
Gently spoon on additional syrup on rim to create a dripping
- Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- In shaker with ice, combine vodka, Kahlua, and chocolate milk.
Shake to mix thoroughly.
- Pour drink into rimmed glass and serve cold.
Cookies and Scream Bourbon Milk Punch
This simple, spooky, stripped-down cocktail can be made in
seconds and served in a mason jar for a down-home country feel.
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup ice cream topping
- 1 crushed chocolate cookie
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 4 ounces chocolate milk
- Finely crush chocolate cookie.
- Rim half-pint mason jar glass with chocolate syrup. Gently roll
rim of glass in cookie crumbs.
- Fill rimmed half-pint mason jar with ice and set aside.
- In shaker filled with ice, combine bourbon and chocolate milk.
- Strain drink into rimmed glass and serve cold.
About American Dairy Association North East
Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is the local affiliate of the
National Dairy Council® and the regional consolidation of three
promotion organizations including the American Dairy Association
and Dairy Council, Inc., Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association and
Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program. Committed to nutrition
education and research-based communications, ADANE provides
science-based nutrition information to, and in collaboration with,
a variety of stakeholders committed to fostering a healthier
nation, including health professionals, educators, school nutrition
directors, academia, industry, consumers and media. Funded by dairy
checkoff dollars from nearly 10,000 dairy farm families in
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and northern Virginia, ADANE works closely with Dairy
Management Inc.™ to bring a fully integrated promotion program to
the North East region. For more
information, visit www.AmericanDairy.com.
View original content to download
SOURCE American Dairy Association North East