SITE Centers Issues 2019 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report
SITE Centers Corp. (NYSE: SITC) announced today the release of
its 2019 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Report. This
report was completed in alignment with the Global Reporting
Initiative (GRI) and with the Sustainability Accounting Standards
Board (SASB) metrics and frameworks. The intent of this report is
to provide updates on the annual results of our corporate
responsibility & sustainability programs. The full report can
be found at https://www.sitecenters.com/2019CRS.
“I am pleased to publish our sixth Corporate Responsibility
& Sustainability Report. I continue to be amazed at the
dedication of our employees and the year over year progress of our
corporate responsibility and sustainability programs,” said David
R. Lukes, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Even during a
time of intense challenges, our team continues to advance our level
of transparency in reporting while keeping our commitments to our
employees, communities, tenants and other key stakeholders.”
- Included in Newsweek’s inaugural list of America’s Most
- Included in the 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (“GEI”)
comprised of public companies committed to transparency in
gender-data reporting and which have exhibited performance on
certain gender-data metrics.
- Rated “Green Star” by GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability
Benchmark) for our sustainability benchmark results with an above
average rating relative to our peer group with respect to our level
of public ESG disclosures.
- Recognized as a Silver Green Lease Leader by the U.S.
Department of Energy and The Institute for Market Transformation
for our development and implementation of green leases.
- Maintained ISS Governance Quality Score of 1.
- Aligned Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Reporting
with Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) metrics and
- 219 of our female employees participated in our Women of
- Awarded $25,000 in scholarships to SITE employees.
- Increased our average training hours by 5% to 30 hours per
- Engaged with our communities through our YOUnity program to
contribute to over 199 charitable organizations and to raise over
$235,000 in donations.
- Donated over 20,000 toys to Ronald McDonald Charities to
support children in need.
- Facilitated over 2,000 autonomous vehicle rides through our
partnership with WAYMO.
- SITE Employees donated time to act as board members for 8
- Converted old parking lot lighting technology to LED lighting
at substantially all of our wholly-owned properties, where
feasible, between 2018 and the end of 2019. These installations
included over 4,600 LED parking lot fixtures and hundreds of
building fixtures. The upgrades created significant energy savings
and provided better aesthetics and lighting levels for our tenants
- Installed white reflective roofs as part of our ongoing
replacement strategy at our owned and managed properties totaling
950,395 square feet in 2019 and 31.2 million square feet over the
lifetime of our program. These reflective membranes allow for
sunlight to be reflected back into the atmosphere, thereby reducing
the urban heat island effect, decreasing the cooling costs of our
tenants and reducing demand on local electrical grids.
- Reduced like-for-like energy consumption by 3% over 2018 on our
wholly owned assets.
- Operated 176 electric car charging stations that facilitated
282,000 charging sessions across our owned and managed portfolio at
the end of 2019. These units provide some of the necessary
infrastructure for electric vehicles to be utilized in our
surrounding communities and allow us to play an additional role in
global carbon reduction.
- Utilized solar panels at 14 owned and managed sites to generate
3,800 megawatt hours of renewable power in 2019, which reduced our
consumption of non-renewable energy sources.
- Employed water conservation strategies when practical,
including xeriscaping, rain water collection, re-use of grey water
for chiller systems, drip irrigation installations, native
landscaping and smart metering.
- Worked with tenants to identify recycling and composting
opportunities in order to divert approximately 32% of the waste
generated at our owned and managed centers away from
- Facilitated our green lease platform for 100% of our form
leases, where tenants contribute toward the Company’s environmental
management plan and which provides for utility usage and data
About SITE Centers Corp.
SITE Centers is an owner and manager of open-air shopping
centers that provide a highly-compelling shopping experience and
merchandise mix for retail partners and consumers. The Company is a
self-administered and self-managed REIT operating as a fully
integrated real estate company, and is publicly traded on the New
York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol SITC. Additional
information about the Company is available at www.sitecenters.com.
To be included in the Company’s e-mail distributions for press
releases and other investor news, please click here.
version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200630005904/en/
Conor Fennerty, EVP and Chief Financial Officer 216-755-5500
SITE Centers (NYSE:SITC)
Historical Stock Chart
From Aug 2020 to Sep 2020
SITE Centers (NYSE:SITC)
Historical Stock Chart
From Sep 2019 to Sep 2020