By Giulia Petroni 
 

Eni SpA said Monday that it has been awarded exploration block 7 through its subsidiary Eni RAK onshore Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates.

The Italian oil-and-gas major said Eni RAK will operate the block with a 90% participating interest, while Ras Al Khaimah's National Oil Company RAK Gas LLC will retain the remaining 10%. The block covers an area of 430 square kilometers.

Eni already operates offshore block A in Ras Al Khaimah, where preparations for drilling operations have started, according to the company.

 

Write to Giulia Petroni at giulia.petroni@wsj.com

 

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

April 19, 2021 07:14 ET (11:14 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.