FORM 4 [ ] Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).         
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES
                                                                                  
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person * Hallam Thomas 2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol PALISADE BIO, INC. [ PALI ] 5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)__X__ Director                    _____ 10% Owner
__X__ Officer (give title below)    _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Executive Officer
(Last)         (First)         (Middle)
C/O PALISADE BIO, INC., 5800 ARMADA DR., SUITE 210
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YYYY)
4/27/2021
(Street)
CARLSBAD, CA 92008
(City)       (State)       (Zip)
4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)
 
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line) _X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Trans. Date 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 3. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 3 and 4)
6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock  4/27/2021    A    1592  A  (1) 1592  D   

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned (e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Trans. Date 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 4. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 3 and 4)
8. Price of Derivative Security
(Instr. 5)
9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $14.72  4/27/2021    A     4078       (2) 10/10/2022  Common Stock  4078   (3) 4078  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $18.39  4/27/2021    A     27189       (4) 10/1/2023  Common Stock  27189   (5) 27189  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $27.59  4/27/2021    A     6797       (6) 2/2/2025  Common Stock  6797   (7) 6797  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $27.59  4/27/2021    A     477       (8) 2/2/2024  Common Stock  477   (9) 477  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $27.59  4/27/2021    A     2719       (8) 11/10/2027  Common Stock  2719   (10) 2719  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $27.59  4/27/2021    A     95572       (11) 11/10/2027  Common Stock  95572   (12) 95572  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $41.20  4/27/2021    A     22730       (13) 3/22/2029  Common Stock  22730   (14) 22730  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $41.20  4/27/2021    A     8754       (6) 3/22/2029  Common Stock  8754   (15) 8754  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $41.20  4/27/2021    A     20392       (8) 3/22/2029  Common Stock  20392   (16) 20392  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $53.33  4/27/2021    A     15002       (17) 3/22/2029  Common Stock  15002   (18) 15002  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $26.85  4/27/2021    A     12294       (6) 2/19/2030  Common Stock  12294   (19) 12294  D   
Stock Option (Right to Buy)  $17.72  4/27/2021    A     27190       (8) 4/26/2031  Common Stock  27190   (20) 27190  D   

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  The Reporting Person acquired the shares of the Issuer in exchange for 58,582 shares of common stock of Leading BioSciences, Inc. ("LBS"), pursuant to the Agreement and Plan of Merger, dated December 16, 2020, among Seneca Biopharma Inc., Townsgate Acquisition Sub 1, Inc. and LBS (the "Merger"). Per the terms of the Merger, each share of LBS's common stock was converted into the right to receive 0.02719 shares of Seneca's common stock. In the Merger, the name of the Issuer was changed from Seneca Biopharma, Inc. to Palisade Bio, Inc.
(2)  The stock option vested according to the following schedule: 50% of the shares underlying the option vested on the grant date and the remaining 50% vested in six equal quarterly installments thereafter beginning on July 9, 2014.
(3)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 150,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.40 per share.
(4)  The stock option vested according to the following schedule: 17% of the shares underlying the option vested on grant date and the remaining 83% vested in 10 equal quarterly installments thereafter beginning on June 30, 2014.
(5)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 1,000,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.50 per share.
(6)  The option vests in 12 equal quarterly installments from the vesting commencement date.
(7)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 250,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.75 per share.
(8)  The stock option is fully vested.
(9)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 17,567 shares of LBS common stock for $0.75 per share.
(10)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 100,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.75 per share.
(11)  The stock option vests according to the following schedule: 25% of the shares underlying the option vests on grant date and the remaining 75% vests in nine equal quarterly installments thereafter beginning on January 1, 2018.
(12)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 3,515,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.75 per share.
(13)  The stock option vests according to the following schedule: 67% of the shares underlying the option vests on the grant date and the remaining 33% vests in eight equal quarterly installments thereafter beginning on March 31, 2019.
(14)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 836,000 shares of LBS common stock for $1.12 per share.
(15)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 322,000 shares of LBS common stock for $1.12 per share.
(16)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 750,000 shares of LBS common stock for $1.12 per share.
(17)  The stock option vests according to the following schedule: 67% of the shares underlying the option vests on the grant date and the remaining 33% vests in four equal quarterly installments thereafter beginning on March 31, 2019.
(18)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 551,753 shares of LBS common stock for $1.45 per share.
(19)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 452,200 shares of LBS common stock for $0.73 per share.
(20)  Received in the Merger in exchange for a stock option to acquire 1,000,000 shares of LBS common stock for $0.48 per share.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Hallam Thomas
C/O PALISADE BIO, INC.
5800 ARMADA DR., SUITE 210
CARLSBAD, CA 92008
X
Chief Executive Officer

Signatures
/s/ JD Finley, Attorney-in-Fact for Thomas Hallam 4/29/2021
**Signature of Reporting Person Date