FORM 4 [ ] Check this box if no longer subject to Section 16. Form 4 or Form 5 obligations may continue. See Instruction 1(b).         
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
STATEMENT OF CHANGES IN BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES
                                                                                  
OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0287
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person * Delaney William E IV 2. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol ASSEMBLY BIOSCIENCES, INC. [ ASMB ] 5. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)_____ Director                    _____ 10% Owner
__X__ Officer (give title below)    _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Scientific Officer
(Last)         (First)         (Middle)
C/O ASSEMBLY BIOSCIENCES, INC., 331 OYSTER POINT BLVD, FOURTH FLOOR
3. Date of Earliest Transaction (MM/DD/YYYY)
3/29/2021
(Street)
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080
(City)       (State)       (Zip)
4. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)
 
6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line) _X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Acquired, Disposed of, or Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Trans. Date 2A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 3. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
4. Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
5. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s)
(Instr. 3 and 4)
6. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 7. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V Amount (A) or (D) Price
Common Stock  3/29/2021    A    11250 (1) A $0.00  56250  D   

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned (e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 3)
2. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 3. Trans. Date 3A. Deemed Execution Date, if any 4. Trans. Code
(Instr. 8)
5. Number of Derivative Securities Acquired (A) or Disposed of (D)
(Instr. 3, 4 and 5)
6. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date 7. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 3 and 4)
8. Price of Derivative Security
(Instr. 5)
9. Number of derivative Securities Beneficially Owned Following Reported Transaction(s) (Instr. 4) 10. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I) (Instr. 4) 11. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership (Instr. 4)
Code V (A) (D) Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock Option (right to buy)  $4.33  3/29/2021    A     67500       (2) 3/29/2031  Common Stock  67500  $0.00  67500  D   

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  Grant of restricted stock units. The restricted stock units vest in four approximately equal installments, assuming continuous service on each vesting date, as follows: March 29, 2022; March 29, 2023; March 29, 2024; and March 29, 2025.
(2)  Grant of stock options. The stock options vest over four years, assuming continuous service on each vesting date, as follows: 25% vest on the first anniversary of the date of grant, March 29, 2022; and the remaining 75% vest in 36 approximately equal monthly installments, with the options becoming fully vested on March 29, 2025.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Delaney William E IV
C/O ASSEMBLY BIOSCIENCES, INC.
331 OYSTER POINT BLVD, FOURTH FLOOR
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080


Chief Scientific Officer

Signatures
/s/ John O. Gunderson, as Attorney-in-Fact 4/2/2021
**Signature of Reporting Person Date