Canada's Couche-Tard Drops Carrefour Takeover Plan, Sources Say --Reuters
-- Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. has dropped an offer
to buy hypermarket chain Carrefour SA after it ran into opposition
from the French government, Reuters reported, citing two sources
familiar with the matter.
-- The Wall Street Journal earlier on Friday reported, citing
people familiar with the matter, that French Finance Minister Bruno
Le Maire told Couche-Tard Chairman Alain Bouchard in a closed-door
meeting in Paris on Friday that he was opposed to the takeover.
-- Mr. Le Maire told the executive the sale would put France's
food security and tens of thousands of jobs at risk, The Journal
Full Reuters story:
(END) Dow Jones Newswires
January 15, 2021 19:08 ET (00:08 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.