Historical Stock Chart
1 Year : From Nov 2018 to Nov 2019
NEW YORK, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. ("Oppenheimer"), a unit of Oppenheimer Holdings (NYSE: OPY), will host its 29th Annual Healthcare Conference in New York City on March 19 and 20, 2019. The two-day conference will bring together leading public and private companies across major sectors of the healthcare industry, including Allogene, Caribou, Centene, Cigna, Exelixis, GlaxoSmithKline, HCA, Humana, KSQ Therapeutics, Madrigal, Moderna, Pear Therapeutics, Tandem Diabetes and United Therapeutics. The Marwood Group will present the keynote lunch address on Tuesday, while Wednesday's keynote lunch speaker will be Dr. Jason Luke from the University of Chicago, who will address how to spot red flags in early clinical trials.
Through panel and company presentations, group meetings and 1on1's, the event will provide investors with cutting-edge insights on developing trends within the healthcare industry, including Medicare and Medicaid policy changes, blockbuster pharmaceutical and biotechnology products, and evolving payment models. The conference will also feature seven panels discussing critical topics in the life science, medical technology, and healthcare IT sectors, including immunotherapy treatment for cancer, next steps in diabetes research, bispecifics, and the endocannabinoid system.
Michael Margolis, R.Ph., co-head of Healthcare Investment Banking, and Stefan Loren, Ph.D., Managing Director, will also lead a panel titled Getting Public in Challenging Market Environments – looking at IPOs versus Alternative Public Offerings (APOs). This panel is sponsored by Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Glovsky & Popeo and ZAG-S&W.
The conference will feature Oppenheimer's Senior Research Analysts including the following:
- Matthew Biegler, Senior Analyst covering Emerging Biotechnology
- Mark Breidenbach, Ph.D., Executive Director and Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology
- Kevin DeGeeter, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology and Diagnostics
- Leland Gershell, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Biopharmaceuticals
- Steven Lichtman, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Medical Devices
- Mohan Naidu, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering the Healthcare Information Technology (HCIT) sector
- Jay Olson, Executive Director and Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology
- Esther Rajavelu, Executive Director and Senior Analyst covering Biotech & Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Hartaj Singh, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology
- Silvan Tuerkcan Ph.D., Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology
- Michael Wiederhorn, Managing Director and Senior Analyst covering Healthcare Providers and Services
"The healthcare ecosystem is vast and multifaceted," said Erica L. Moffett, Managing Director and Head of Research Marketing Services. "With changing policies, innovative platforms, and new advancements in technology revolutionizing the healthcare and pharmaceutical business, our clients, now more than ever, rely on our expertise to help them better understand the industry. The conference will promote learning and education so investors leave with key insights to help their portfolios."
Oppenheimer's next healthcare conference will be the Biotech Summit by the Lake featuring Northwestern University's Chemistry of Life Processes Institute on March 29 in Evanston, Illinois. Upcoming conferences also include Oppenheimer's Oncology Insights Summit in New York on May 16, a MedTech Summit on May 29 in San Francisco, and Summit for Emerging Biotechnology in Montauk, New York on June 27 and 28.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (OPY on the New York Stock Exchange), and its affiliates provide a full range of wealth management, securities brokerage and investment banking services to high-net-worth individuals, families, corporate executives, local governments, businesses and institutions.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-new-treatments-to-changing-policies-industry-leaders-discuss-changing-healthcare-landscape-at-oppenheimer--co-incs-annual-conference-300814595.html
SOURCE Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.