Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ)
Historical Stock Chart
3 Months : From Apr 2019 to Jul 2019
Today at the HP Gaming Festival in Beijing, the company unveiled a powerful lineup of OMEN and HP Pavilion Gaming innovations, raising the bar for gaming experiences.
The OMEN X 2S – the world’s first dual-screen gaming laptop1 – provides extraordinary power and multitasking capabilities, the OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops bring exceptional power in their thinnest forms yet, and both HP Pavilion Gaming 15 and HP Pavilion Gaming 17 laptops offer outstanding versatility and mobility for gamers and creatives alike. In addition, with enhancements to OMEN Command Center software and new OMEN and HP Pavilion Gaming displays and accessories, HP has engineered an industry-leading gaming ecosystem that delivers everything gamers need to progress and achieve their goals.
Gaming industry insights show 82 percent of people use their mobile phones for messaging during gaming sessions, 61 percent listen to music, and 49 percent watch game related live streams, video content and browse websites2. With this in mind, HP has added an unprecedented second screen to the OMEN X 2S in the form of an easy-to-use six-inch 1080p touchscreen that lets players message friends in WeChat and WhatsApp, browse in Spotify, watch Twitch and YouTube, or even serve as a hub for OMEN Command Center software.
“Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with game-changing evolutionary and revolutionary products reflects the philosophy of reinvention at HP,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP Inc. “The OMEN brand continues to think big and OMEN X 2S is a prime example of how we are setting new standards and changing how a gaming laptop is used.”
Laptops Designed for Next-Gen GamingAs the world’s first dual-screen gaming laptop1, the OMEN X 2S shakes the foundation of what’s expected of a gaming laptop, with tremendous multi-tasking capabilities for various activities and support with dedicated hotkeys. Watching how-to videos while playing, listening to the right song on Spotify while grinding an MMO, or keeping current with Twitch chat or Discord is no longer an alt-tabbing hassle. The OMEN X 2S, further bolstered by a real-time screen mirroring feature that can cut and magnify parts of the main screen – including copying the map portion of a racing game – to the second screen, ensures vision is centered and head movement more vertical than horizontal.
This powerhouse is 20 mm thin with a full metal chassis and is the first 15-inch diagonal gaming laptop in the world to come with an applied liquid metal compound to the thermal system by way of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut. The result is phenomenal heat dissipation at 10 times the thermal conductivity of silicon thermal grease3, up to a 28 percent4 frames-per-second (FPS) performance boost over traditional grease when testing in Apex Legends, and an 8.5 percent5 faster lead time in a Blender Benchmark test.
The path to smaller, cooler, and more powerful applies to the newest versions of the OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 laptops. With a 20 percent and 18 percent reduction in thickness over previous versions, they sit at a slim 20 mm and 27 mm thin.
All three laptops feature OMEN Tempest, an overhauled advanced thermal solution powered by a 12V fan, which utilizes three-sided venting to enable five-way airflow to keep things ultra-cool. Realistic visuals are delivered by support for up to NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 for the OMEN 17 and features Max-Q6 design for the OMEN X 2S and OMEN 15. Additionally, multitasking and grand-scale games – which take mountainous resources – have never been smoother, with up to the latest 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 high performance mobile processor7, powered by up to 5.0 GHz Turbo8, eight cores and 16 threads, and up to 32 GB of RAM.
Take advantage of the latest in-storage technology with options that include the newly announced Intel® Optane™ Memory9 H10 with Solid State Storage10. The new Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) designed to support gigabit speeds ups the wireless game with up to 3X faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac)11. Top it off with options up to an esports standard 240 Hz refresh rate12 1080p display that allows visuals to flow across the screen with viper strike-like speed and NVIDIA® G-SYNC® on the OMEN X 2S and available on select OMEN 15 and OMEN 17 configurations.
OMEN Command Center UpdatesSince its creation, OMEN Command Center has evolved as the software solution for managing and enhancing gaming hardware. The evolution continues with two additions coming to the platform for all three new OMEN devices. Performance Control cranks up fan RPM to either maximize cooling or performance, based on the chosen setting. The new OMEN Dynamic Power feature manages CPU and GPU wattage based on what a game is utilizing at a given moment to maximize FPS. Combined, these powerful additions serve to improve gameplay while also adding a level of flexibility.
Play at the Speed of EsportsMeticulously crafted to take advantage of the max FPS found in top-tier rigs, and with a sturdy design used in collegiate and professional esports, the OMEN X 25 and OMEN X 25f*13 displays feature micro-edge bezels, one millisecond response times, and NVIDIA® G-SYNC® and AMD Radeon™ FreeSync™14 technologies to synchronize industry-leading 240 Hz refresh rates12 to the GPU and keep visuals unsullied by tearing. The OMEN X 25 is an exceptional tool for climbing the ladder of professional play and can be seen in use by Overwatch League players throughout the 2019 season.
Game with Wireless ExceptionalismBecome a cord breaker with the OMEN Photon Wireless Mouse. With a variety of customization options, including removable rests and 11 customizable buttons, it’s laboriously crafted and includes a tensioning-balance system that ensures effortless optical-mechanical mouse clicks for big and little fingers alike. To address concerns of latency, connectivity, and battery life in wireless mice15, OMEN Photon features 2.4 GHz Proactive Wireless Technology, 0.2ms click response time, the ability to charge on any Qi enabled surface, and up to 50 hours of battery life16.
Constructed with Qi wireless charging capabilities, the OMEN Outpost Mousepad can fully charge the OMEN Photon Mouse in 2.5 hours and works with compatible smartphones. Added adaptability comes in the form of rigorously tested hard and soft anti-fray mat options, which can be selected by simply flipping the mat to the desired side. A USB-A Passthrough port for a wireless dongle and OMEN Command Center customizable RGB LED lighting cement the capabilities of this advanced mousepad17.
OMEN LifestyleEntering the apparel space requires a bold vision beyond simply slapping a logo onto a shirt or hoodie. OMEN Apparel has been designed with 20 styles from the ground-up by an in-house team focused on creating high quality comfort that can withstand the most intense gaming marathons, while still looking stylish.
Versatile Gaming on the GoDesigned with a thinner frame than before, the latest HP Pavilion Gaming 15 laptop arrives with an eight percent decrease in height over the previous model and is joined by the introduction of the new HP Pavilion Gaming 17 laptop. Technological improvements across the board arrive with options up to the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i5/i7 high performance mobile CPUs7 and up to the recently announced NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q design6.
Expertly crafted to yield precise aim and cursor movement along with a variety of customization options such as on-the-fly DPI and RGB lighting effects, the HP Pavilion Gaming Mouse 200 gives users a superb gaming experience. It pairs brilliantly with the HP Pavilion Gaming Mousepad 400, which utilizes a fine-textured anti-fray cloth surface that is optimized for both speed and control playstyles while resting on a rubber base.
OMEN by HP Pricing and Availability18
- OMEN X 2S Laptop is expected to be available by June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $2099.99.
- OMEN 17 Laptop is expected to be available in June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $1099.99. The 240 Hz option is expected to be available in October.
- OMEN 15 Laptop is expected to be available in June via HP.com for a starting price of $1049.99.
- OMEN X 25 Display is expected to be first available late June in Europe for 629.99 € and in North America early September via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $549.99.
- OMEN X 25f Display is expected to be first available late June in the US via Best Buy for a starting price of $449.99 and in Europe late June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of 459.99 €.
- OMEN Photon Wireless Mouse is expected to be available in July via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $129.99.
- OMEN Outpost Mousepad is expected to be available in July via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $99.99.
- OMEN Apparel: is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $29.99.
- Pavilion Gaming 17 Laptop is expected to be available by June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $849.99.
- Pavilion Gaming 15 Laptop is expected to be available by June via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $799.99.
- Pavilion Gaming Mouse 200 is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $24.99.
- Pavilion Gaming Mousepad 400 is available now via HP.com and other retailers for a starting price of $29.99.
For more information about the OMEN by HP ecosystem of gaming PCs, displays and accessories, visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/gamingpcs/overview.html.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at hp.com.
- Based on gaming laptops shipped as of 04/15/2019 with integrated dual-screens. Gaming laptops defined as laptops with models targeting specifically to gamers. Gaming laptops defined as laptop with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ or AMD Radeon™ R9 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 & above Graphics, excluding detachable PC’s.
- Lightspeed – Gamer Mobile Screen Stacking Report, October 31, 2018.
- Based on thermal conductivity specifications of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut vs thermal conductivity specification of standard silicon thermal grease. OMEN X configuration with Intel i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4-2666, RTX2070 Max-Q.
- Based on HP Internal Testing using frames per second in Apex Legends game comparing standard thermal solution to Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut 4/19. OMEN X configuration with Intel i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4-2666, RTX2070 Max-Q
- Based on Blender Benchmark comparing standard silicon thermal solution verses Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut 4/19. OMEN X configuration with Intel i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4-2666, RTX2070 Max-Q.
- NVIDIA® Max-Q Design can help reduce system heat and noise in thinner form factor PCs. Form factor design and thickness of the system will vary. Overall graphics performance may be lower than alternative graphics solutions that do not utilize Max-Q design. NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. MAXQ® is the registered trademark of Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
- GHz refers to internal clock speed of the processor. Other factors besides clock speed may impact system and application performance.
- Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system.
- For solid state drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Based on Wi-Fi5 80MHz and Wi-Fi6 160MHz minimum requirements when transferring files between two devices connected to the same router. Requires a wireless router, sold separately, that supports 802.11ax (Wi-Fi6). Only available in countries where 802.11ax is supported.
- All performance specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- OMEN X 25f is NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible and AMD Radeon™ FreeSync™ Certified so the displays variable refresh rate will work with either NVIDIA or AMD graphics.
- FreeSync is an AMD technology is enabled on FHD displays and is designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display’s refresh rate to the frame rate of the graphics card. Monitor, AMD Radeon™ Graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync required. AMD Catalyst™ 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display.
- Customer Insights from Consumer Accessories Gaming Study, February 2018.
- Actual battery life capacity will naturally decrease with time and usage.
- RGBLED Lighting requires USB-C connection. Qi wireless charging will power with a USB-C connection or two USB 3.0 ports connected. Dongle included for connection of two USB 3.0 ports.
- Pricing from HP.com, subject to change without notice. Retailers pricing may vary.
Intel, the Intel logo and Intel are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
|www.hp.com/go/newsroom||Dane DycheHP Inc.email@example.com|| |