SEATTLE, Oct. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/
-- Seabourn, the ultra-luxury resort at sea, announced
today that it will cancel upcoming 2020 and 2021 voyages for three
cruise ships in its fleet into Spring 2021.
The announcement applies to Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Ovation,
and Seabourn Encore. Specific details are as follows:
- Seabourn Odyssey: with its operations pause effective
through January 15, 2021.
- Seabourn Ovation: with its operations pause effective
through April 18, 2021.
- Seabourn Encore: with its operations pause effective
through May 28, 2021.
The decision to cancel additional voyages is a proactive action
to deal with the circumstances continuing to evolve from the global
response to the COVID-19 situation.
"Our highest priorities are compliance, environmental protection
and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the
people in destinations we visit," said Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn. "We
know our past guests and travelers are eager to travel when the
time is right and that time is on the horizon, so I would encourage
anyone to look at their calendar and start planning a trip today to
let the excitement build."
Guests with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled
and all guests will receive Bonus Future Cruise Credits. They
can also request a full refund of monies paid to Seabourn. Specific
details are as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive
125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn.
Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit
will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit
amount paid. Guests can also request a full refund of the monies
paid to Seabourn.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the
date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through
Dec. 31, 2022. The amount of
non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new
booking. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the
monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original
form of payment.
Guests and their travel advisors will be sent specific details
applicable to their booking. Seabourn asks guests and travel
advisors to use the online resources available on its website first
rather than calling the Reservation Call Center for information
about the cancellations due to the possibility
of high call volumes and the potential of
long on-hold wait times.
For reservations or more information about Seabourn, please
contact Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Ultra-luxury Seabourn currently operates a fleet of five modern
ships and is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The
exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA,
P&O Cruises UK, and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a
brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL and NYSE:
CUK). Seabourn is the official cruise partner of UNESCO World
Heritage under a multi-year agreement to help promote sustainable
tourism at World Heritage sites around the world.
Find Seabourn on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,
YouTube and Pinterest.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's
top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning
readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures,
Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its
stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
- Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate
about exceeding guests expectations
- Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering
- All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
- Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board
at all times
- Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with
- Tipping is neither required, nor expected
- Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
- World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary
partnership with Chef Thomas
- All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with
whom you wish
- Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
- Ventures by Seabourn™, optional shore excursions, enhance and
extend your experience in select destinations*^
- Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences as the
Official Cruise Partner of UNESCO*
- Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew
Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program*
- An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir
- Committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability
*Optional programs, for additional charge
^Available on Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, Seabourn
Quest, Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Ovation
†Not available on board Seabourn Venture