FORM 3
        
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person * Ghazi Sassine 2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (MM/DD/YYYY)
8/19/2020 

3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol SYNOPSYS INC [SNPS]
(Last)       (First)       (Middle)
690 EAST MIDDLEFIELD ROAD
4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)_____ Director                          _____ 10% Owner
___X___ Officer (give title below)        _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Operating Officer /
(Street)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043      
(City)             (State)             (Zip)
5. If Amendment, Date Original Filed(MM/DD/YYYY)
 

6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing(Check Applicable Line)_X_ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned
(Instr. 4)
3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Common Stock  31552  D   

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned (e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date
(MM/DD/YYYY)
3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 4)
4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  8/23/2014 (1) 5/23/2021  Common Stock  3590  $39.09  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  8/22/2015 (1) 5/22/2022  Common Stock  8948  $49.35  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  8/20/2016 (1) 5/20/2023  Common Stock  3209  $49.92  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  9/17/2016 (1) 6/17/2023  Common Stock  1442  $52.46  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  3/15/2017 (1) 12/15/2023  Common Stock  58272  $60.37  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  12/12/2019 (2) 12/12/2025  Common Stock  34098  $89.76  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  12/8/2018 (2) 12/8/2024  Common Stock  30881  $90.51  D   
Non-Qualified Stock Option (right to buy)  12/12/2020 (2) 12/12/2026  Common Stock  43811  $135.88  D   
Restricted Stock Units   (3) 12/8/2020  Common Stock  1780  $0.0  D   
Restricted Stock Units   (4) 12/8/2021  Common Stock  3176  $0.0  D   
Restricted Stock Units   (5) 12/8/2022  Common Stock  6057  $0.0  D   

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  Option vests in 16 equal quarterly installments beginning on the date shown, subject to continued service through each vesting date.
(2)  25% of the grant becomes exercisable on the date shown with the remainder becoming exercisable in a series of 12 equal quarterly installments thereafter, subject to continued service through each vesting date.
(3)  The restricted stock units vested as to 25% of the total shares on 12/8/17 and the remaining 75% vest in three equal annual installments thereafter, subject to continued service through each vesting date.
(4)  The restricted stock units vested as to 25% of the total shares on 12/12/18 and the remaining 75% vest in three equal annual installments thereafter, subject to continued service through each vesting date.
(5)  The restricted stock units vested as to 25% of the total shares on 12/12/19 and the remaining 75% vest in three equal annual installments thereafter, subject to continued service through each vesting date.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Ghazi Sassine
690 EAST MIDDLEFIELD ROAD
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94043


Chief Operating Officer

Signatures
By: POA pursuant Christina Escalante-Dutra For: Sassine E. Ghazi 8/25/2020
**Signature of Reporting Person Date
Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS)
Historical Stock Chart
From Oct 2020 to Nov 2020 Click Here for more Synopsys Charts.
Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS)
Historical Stock Chart
From Nov 2019 to Nov 2020 Click Here for more Synopsys Charts.