FORM 3
        
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      
1. Name and Address of Reporting Person * Davis Jefferson E 2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (MM/DD/YYYY)
2/1/2021 

3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol Acer Therapeutics Inc. [ACER]
(Last)       (First)       (Middle)
C/O ACER THERAPEUTICS INC., ONE GATEWAY CENTER, SUITE 351
4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)_____ Director                          _____ 10% Owner
___X___ Officer (give title below)        _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Business Officer /
(Street)
NEWTON, MA 02458      
(City)             (State)             (Zip)
5. If Amendment, Date Original Filed(MM/DD/YYYY)
 

6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing(Check Applicable Line)_X_ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person

Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned
(Instr. 4)
3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Common Stock, $0.0001 par value  71645  D   

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned (e.g., puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date
(MM/DD/YYYY)
3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 4)
4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Employee Stock Option (right to buy)   (1) 1/15/2031  Common Stock  5000  $3.85  D   

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  The option vests and becomes exercisable over four years as follows: 25% of the shares vest on January 15, 2022, and the remaining 75% of the shares vest quarterly over the remaining three years.

Remarks:
Exhibit List: Exhibit 24 - Confirming Statement

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Davis Jefferson E
C/O ACER THERAPEUTICS INC.
ONE GATEWAY CENTER, SUITE 351
NEWTON, MA 02458


Chief Business Officer

Signatures
/s/ Harry S. Palmin, Attorney-in-fact 2/5/2021
**Signature of Reporting Person Date