Tnt Express (EU:TNTE)
Historical Stock Chart
5 Years : From Apr 2012 to Apr 2017
Dutch package shipper TNT Express NV (TNTE.AE) Monday reported a jump in second quarter net profit helped by a better performance of its businesses outside of Europe, but added that trading conditions in Europe and Asia Pacific intercontinental were becoming increasingly challenging.
- Revenue for the second quarter increased 1.7% to EUR1.83 billion from EUR1.80 billion in the second quarter of 2011
- Operating income for the second quarter increased 67.4% to EUR77 million, from EUR46 million
- Operating income adjusted for currency effects and one-offs dropped 6.8% to EUR69 million, compared to EUR74 million
- Net profit came in at EUR40 million in the second quarter of 2012, compared to EUR4 a year earlier
- TNT expects EUR50 million in indirect cost savings to be fully implemented by year end
- UPS Offer of EUR9.50 per share is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter, following a further European Commission review
- Despite demanding economic conditions in Europe & MEA, volume growth was good, but customers increasingly opted for non-premium products.
- The resulting negative product mix plus general price pressure were mitigated by cost-control initiatives.
- In Asia Pacific, operating income improved even though international volumes declined. All units performed better, in particular Australia, China Domestic (Hoau) and India.
- Americas saw an improved performance from Brazil, though challenges remain
- By Amsterdam Bureau, Dow Jones Newswires; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to WSJ: http://online.wsj.com?mod=djnwires